Chloe + Corinne's House

A single girl living with her little dog, trying to navigate the world.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

What to do?

Not long after my last post, I started coming up with a bunch of little, easy, and quick projects to do around the house.  I've finally realized that it's MY house, so I can do whatever the heck I want with the place.  It took me almost a full year, but it's hit me that I'm not going to be moving again for awhile, so it's time to get settled in!

I created some easy-peasy paint chip artwork after seeing a post over at Young House Love.  Also found some turquoise ceramic knobs that I put onto my microwave cabinet doors, getting rid of the very ancient-looking metal ones.  I'm also in the middle of working on some more free paint chip art after seeing this post from How About Orange.

I'm most proud of the fact that I finally picked up one of the Cabinet Transformations kits from Rustoleum!  I haven't had the chance to actually paint the kitchen cabinets, but I'm definitely a step closer to getting it done.  I did realize that I'll have to settle for a different countertop color in the end and cannot paint the walls in the kitchen gray or grellow or anything else fun as the kitchen and living room are essentially one big room.  I'm stuck deciding between two colors and can't narrow it down!  Eventually I'll get there.

I've also decided to paint the bathroom again.  I like the bright turquoise, but I didn't do the greatest job of painting it a year ago.  I didn't give enough time for the paint to dry, so there are extremely noticeable drips all over the walls now!  I'm thinking of going with a very light gray and eventually painting the trim and door white.  I picked up a ton of gray paint chips at Sherwin Williams yesterday, which means I'll probably tape them all up later today and start narrowing it down.

We have run into one minor problem.  I killed my phone again and haven't found the battery charger for the camera!  *sigh*  When will I learn?


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home