Chloe + Corinne's House

A single girl living with her little dog, trying to navigate the world.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

summer time

And once again, I've been BUSY!  Chloe has been enjoying the summer weather, spending as much time as possible outside or at doggy day camp (sometimes both).  We did take a week-long vacation down to southern Maryland to visit my family for the holiday, where all sorts of fun was had.  It was nice to take a break and visit with people I hadn't seen in close to a year.  My parents' dog, Tug, didn't get along with Chloe, so they took turns going to the kennel down there.  Neither dog seemed to mind too much!  I did fail to really take any pictures.  Oops!

My full-time job has been very busy recently, and there are some changes currently going on that require me to spend time doing extra things on my computer at home.  But hopefully it will all be worth it in the end!  I was also asked to be a sub for a friend's volleyball team in mid-June, and after a couple games, I was asked to be on the same friend's team for the Summer II session.

 Not my team!  We were on a different court and a different night from when this was taken by the Columbus Dispatch for a great article on things to do out here in summer.

The team did terribly during the first session, but the second session should be much more fun and exciting.  It's been great just being out there doing something active and hanging out with everyone.  This year seems to be turning into a much more social and interesting year than my first one back here in Ohio.  I think this is the most social I've been in years, now that I think about it.  I guess having a regular Monday thru Friday job is working out quite nicely!

No new house projects recently, but plenty are in the works.  I'm planning to start saving up for an addition to the house too!  Eventually I think I'd like to expand on the back and add a bathroom on the first floor, which would mean my kitchen and dining areas would both be expanded as well.  Maybe I can get a butcher block countertop island?

I'm in love with Dana's kitchen in her old house.  Photo from House*Tweaking.  Totally check it out for some amazing inspiration and all the DIY work on the new house aka The Underdog.

That's all for now, folks!  Off to go practice a few more things and rescue Chloe from getting wrapped around the seating area on the porch.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

Thank you for the link! However, I won't be investing in completely new countertops until I've saved up enough to make the addition to the back of the house in a few years. At that point, the kitchen will get a little extra attention then. I wouldn't want to run into the problem of putting in new counters then not being able to match it with an additional counter in a couple years!

July 21, 2011 at 6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting Owning Single. I'm enjoying reading your old posts. I love hearing other single women's homeownerships stories. It's fantastic that you are blogging from the beginning of you process. I wish I had!

July 21, 2011 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

You're very welcome! Thanks for stopping by! I haven't done much with the place really, and sometimes I do get things done but completely forget to blog about it (yard work, Home Depot scores, etc.). This weekend I'm going to attempt a fun little project, so I'll be sure to blog about it! Maybe I'll even do an entry on how the buying process went for me....

July 21, 2011 at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home