Chloe + Corinne's House

A single girl living with her little dog, trying to navigate the world.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Adventures in lawn mowing....and other things

It seems as though the battery charger for my point-and-shoot camera is now MIA, and I failed to take any good pictures of the freshly painted master bedroom.  So, this post will be picture-less!

My parents were kind enough to send me a monetary donation towards a shiny new lawn mower last week.  I promptly went out on Friday after work and bought this beauty of a mower.  Today was the first time I actually used it, and it did a great job of cutting the lawn.....I just didn't put enough gas in it to get the job done!  I didn't want to risk putting gas into it until later, so I'll be finishing the two random patches of un-cut grass tomorrow after work.  I also learned that you really should do a thorough walk-through of the yard to get the bigger sticks out of the way, along with some other things.  I ran over a baseball that the previous owners left behind, but I also ran over one of Chloe's favorite toys!  She doesn't seem too fazed by it since she actually brought it inside the house and has been playing by herself with the tennis ball for the past 20 minutes.  Chloe was quite the trooper while I mowed too, watching me from the kitchen while I did the back and perching on the chair in the living room to see out the window while I was out front.

In a previous post I mentioned finally finding the perfect gray/blue/white paint color for my room.  Well, I decided I didn't want to use Valspar paint since it's much thinner than the Behr paint with the primer built in, due in large part to the fact that I was covering that much darker color and didn't want to shell out cash for primer AND two gallons of paint.  That dark color was a pain to cover, but much to my surprise, one gallon of Behr's Glimmer did the trick!  The room looks great and is much brighter and airier.  I'm considering doing the accent wall in a different color now (go figure).  But isn't that the beauty of paint?  It's easy and cheap to change if you don't like it!  The Behr paint has a slightly different tone to it than Valspar's Dew Drop, which is why I'm considering a different option.  So many other bloggers have been using Martha Stewart's Plumage, and I have to say, I'm quite drawn to it!  Thanks to the myriad of color chips and booklets featuring every single color many of my favorite brands have, I can easily tape up a swatch of that color to see what I think!

Chloe is staring me down now, so it seems we're off to the backyard again.  Doing all this mowing has gotten me thinking about possible projects for the backyard now.  A small paved seating area sounds awfully nice right about now.....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home